Rats, mice, and other rodents are the most active at night and will try to avoid humans as much as possible, which can make them difficult to detect. In fact, unless the infestation has gone undetected for a long period of time and extensive breeding has occurred, you may not actually see rodents on your property at all. However, there are several telltale signs of activity that should warrant suspicion and a call to Anchor Pest Services for our Manchester rodent control services.
A few of the most common signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Strange Odors: Rodents give off a distinctive, pungent odor. The scent of their urine is equally strong and is often the most noticeable near nests and areas in which they’re the most active.
- Gnaw Marks: Mice and rats will both gnaw at your home, but their markings are distinct. Mice chew clean-cut patterns that are approximately the size of a dime. Rats chew larger holes approximately twice as large that have rougher edges. Both rats and mice will leave teeth marks on wood without chewing holes, so be on the lookout for small teeth marks around your property as well.
- Droppings: Droppings are an unambiguous sign that rodents have taken up residence in your property. Droppings from mice are generally less than .25 inches in size, while droppings from rats tend to be at least .5 inches in length.
- Nests: Mice create nests using paper and other materials that can be easily shredded. Some species of rats burrow underground whenever possible; other species will create nests in attics, walls, crawl spaces, and other secluded areas.
- Pet Reactions: Are your pets exhibiting unusual behavior? You may notice them barking more than usual, pawing at certain areas, or watching certain areas of your home more closely than normal.
What Are the Risks of Letting a Rodent Infestation Remain Unchecked?
- Breeding: The only thing worse than a rodent infestation is having it get worse. Rodents breed quickly, making it important to contact a pest control company as soon as you notice any signs.
- Property Damage: Mice and rats can both cause extensive damage by chewing and gnawing. Floorboards, cupboards, walls, and other structures can all be compromised.
- Disease: Rodents can transmit several serious diseases to humans through bites and scratches. They can also cause serious illness by contaminating surfaces, water, and food.
- Allergies: Rats and mice produce high levels of allergens from dander, saliva, and urine, all of which can exacerbate symptoms in vulnerable individuals. Symptoms often include coughing and other respiratory problems, rashes, congestion, itching, and watery eyes.
Let Our Rodent Control and Prevention Professionals Help
If you’ve noticed signs of rodents around your property, know that dependable help is just a call away. At Anchor Pest Services, we have more than 20 years of rodent control experience and always utilize safe and humane methods. We prioritize your health and safety and work quickly to find solutions that fit your needs and your budget. We know what we expect from professional Manchester rodent control providers, and we hope that you’ll set the bar high when you give us a call.
We’re confident that we’ll get things right the first time around, but if you aren’t satisfied with our work, we’ll honor our industry-leading satisfaction guarantee and come back to inspect your property and make any necessary adjustments.
“Danielle, Daniel, and Mike are excellent ambassadors for the company.” - Jody M.
“I have been extremely impressed with both Anchor Pest and specifically Josh's service. Thank you!!!” - Sarah A.
“This company is outstanding. Service is excellent and they did a thorough job and eliminated all our pest issues. Were here when they said they would be and came back several times to be sure all our issues were resolved, at no additional costs.” - Ginny H.
“Since using their services, I've seen a significant decrease in pests around my house. We haven't had a single carpenter ant inside our house since we started using their services. I haven't seen any more mice in my shed either. Conor OBrian is always very” - Jamie B.
“Dave was awesome. Listened attentively to our issues. Explained what he found and actions taken. Yet another great experience with Anchor Pest Services.” - Jim R.
“What a fast professional and friendly tech! Dan you were great!!! I hope you are treated well with your company! You are an asset to them.” - Kristina T.
“Dave was excellent and we will be calling him again for future work on our property. Professional, hard-working, knowledgeable, and listened to our needs.” - Jon T.
“We were using another service but figured we'd try Anchor, so glad we did! They price matched, stuck to what they promised when we signed up and the gentleman that came out for the service was GREAT!” - Christina B.
“Anchor pest is incredible. I emailed them that I noticed mice and they sent a technician out within 2 hours. Keith came out, was polite and professional and addressed all my concerns. Couldn’t be happier with this company.” - Lindsay H.
If you’re ready to find out why we’re a top-rated pest control company, give us a call today at (603) 317-4700 for a a free, no-risk inspection.Contact Us Online