Carpenter ants are easily one of the most troublesome pests in New England. Although they play an important ecological role by turning wood into sawdust that can decompose quickly and promote environmental growth, they can cause serious structural damage to homes and businesses.
Some of the most common signs of carpenter ants include:
- Wood Shavings: As we’ll discuss in more detail below, carpenter ants destroy wood and leave shavings and sawdust (frass) behind. If you notice wood shavings in your basement, garage, or another secluded location, you most likely have a carpenter ant infestation on your hands.
- Strange Noises: Carpenter ants aren’t like wasps or rodents; you won’t hear them unless you’re listening closely. That said, large numbers will cause a rustling sound that emanates from walls, hollow doors, and other wooden structures.
- Winged Ants: Winged ants are a sign of a late-stage infestation. They may appear inside or outside, so don’t shrug them off just because they aren’t inside of your home. Winged carpenter ants’ purpose is to reproduce and create more nests, so call our Manchester pest control experts as soon as you notice winged ants in or around your home.
- Shedding: Just as you might find sawdust where carpenter ants have nested, you will also find shed wings near windowsills, vents, and other openings around your home as they look for new nesting opportunities.
Invest in Our Local Ant Control Services
When you choose to work with our Manchester ant control experts, you always receive the following benefits:
- On-going support: Most people call pest control experts as a reaction to a problem. They’ve seen a pest of some kind in or around their house, and they want professional help before things get worse. At Anchor Pest Control, we take a proactive approach. We will come to your home as many times each year as needed and ensure that your property is protected before unwanted guests become an issue.
- Safe and Effective Products: Parents and pet owners often ask us if our products and methods are safe for children and pets. We use industry-leading products that are both pet- and child-friendly, and we’ll be sure to provide you with specific instructions about everything we use during our visit.
- Prompt and Friendly Service: We know that you have a busy schedule. Too many Manchester pest control companies take their time getting to jobs, but we make punctual arrivals and fast appointments our top priorities. We treat your home like it’s our own and will do everything we can to ensure that you’re satisfied with our work.
Book Your Appointment Today
Anchor Pest Services is proud to serve Manchester and the surrounding areas with unbeatable ant control services. We provide our customers with an industry-leading satisfaction guarantee and will work tirelessly to protect your property. We have more than 20 years of experience and offer year-round services that the local competition just can’t beat.
“We are very happy we chose Anchor Pest Services!” - Howard S.
“Dave was excellent and we will be calling him again for future work on our property. Professional, hard-working, knowledgeable, and listened to our needs.” - Jon T.
“He should up within a few hours of calling him, he was quick but thorough in his examination of our home, and was beyond friendly! We highly recommend Anchor Pest!” - TJ A.
“We were using another service but figured we'd try Anchor, so glad we did! They price matched, stuck to what they promised when we signed up and the gentleman that came out for the service was GREAT!” - Christina B.
“Since using their services, I've seen a significant decrease in pests around my house. We haven't had a single carpenter ant inside our house since we started using their services. I haven't seen any more mice in my shed either. Conor OBrian is always very” - Jamie B.
“In this economy..the one thing that can set a company apart from others is service. Anchor Pest Services has shown me they listen, they are quick to reply and they are professional.” - Brenda S.
“Anchor pest is incredible. I emailed them that I noticed mice and they sent a technician out within 2 hours. Keith came out, was polite and professional and addressed all my concerns. Couldn’t be happier with this company.” - Lindsay H.
“These guys do a great job. We had very few mosquitoes this summer, the only time we did was when I skipped a treatment. And while most dog owners were exclaiming about how bad the ticks were this year, we only found one!” - Martha D.
“Danielle, Daniel, and Mike are excellent ambassadors for the company.” - Jody M.
If you’re ready to find out why we’re a top-rated pest control company, give us a call today at (603) 317-4700 for a a free, no-risk inspection.Contact Us Online