Ticks are small, blood-sucking insects that have eight legs and are approximately .125 inches in size. They most commonly attach themselves to areas such as the groin, armpits, neck, and scalp.
Although their bites are often painless and can go unnoticed for days or weeks, they transmit several serious diseases that can cause serious symptoms such as:
- Chronic fatigue
- Nerve inflammation
- Memory loss and cognitive decline
Contrary to what you may have heard, ticks are active throughout the year. While your risk of getting bit by a tick decreases when you’re spending more time indoors, the potential consequences of contracting a disease from ticks are so severe that it’s always worth contacting a local pest control company to invest in tick control.
Where Do Ticks Live?
If your property is located around grassy, wooded areas, you likely have a high concentration of ticks in the area. However, ticks can take up residence anywhere.
Some of the most common areas in which you’ll find ticks include:
- Tall Grass: Ticks are often found in areas with dense vegetation. Tall grass, for instance, makes it easy for them to attach themselves to a passing organism. If your property is surrounded by tall grass, or if your yard is adorned with trees, bushes, and shrubs, you should be wary of ticks.
- Leaf and Stick Piles: Your home is an ongoing project, and it may not be possible for you to complete all of your yard work in a single day. However, you should be aware that piles of leaves, sticks, and other organic materials are an open invitation to ticks. Always wear gloves, a long-sleeved shirt, and long pants to protect yourself from bites.
- Play Structures and Treehouses: Jungle gyms and treehouses are often in cool, shaded areas, which is exactly what ticks look for in a habitat. If your children regularly play outdoors, you should have these structures sprayed by a tick control expert to decrease the risk of a bite.
- Dog Runs: If your dog cools off in the shade, you need to be using a tick repellent throughout the year — not just during the summer months.
While these are some of the most common areas in which you’ll find ticks around your property, this list is not exhaustive.
The best way to discover your property’s unique risk factors is to contact a tick control expert at Anchor Pest Services.
Your Local Tick Control Company
At Anchor Pest Services in Manchester and the surrounding areas, our top priority is to keep you and your family safe. We have more than 20 years of experience in the industry, and we know what to look for when it comes to protecting families from ticks throughout the year. Unlike other pest control companies, we put your health first and prioritize safe, eco-friendly products and strategies to solve your problem without creating others.
If you’re not sure if tick control is right for your property, just give our pest control experts a call. We offer free inspections and will provide you with everything you need to know in order to make an informed decision for your home. We also provide an industry-leading service guarantee that provides you with added peace of mind once we’ve left your property. Don’t go another day without taking steps to protect your family from ticks.
“Excellent response to questions and concerns.” - James D.
“We are very happy we chose Anchor Pest Services!” - Howard S.
“He should up within a few hours of calling him, he was quick but thorough in his examination of our home, and was beyond friendly! We highly recommend Anchor Pest!” - TJ A.
“Since using their services, I've seen a significant decrease in pests around my house. We haven't had a single carpenter ant inside our house since we started using their services. I haven't seen any more mice in my shed either. Conor OBrian is always very” - Jamie B.
“Matt was great, super helpful and very professional. Listened to my comments and acted on my questions, he really was very nice and I'm really happy with the service I received.” - Theo R.
“I have been extremely impressed with both Anchor Pest and specifically Josh's service. Thank you!!!” - Sarah A.
“Danielle, Daniel, and Mike are excellent ambassadors for the company.” - Jody M.
“Fast same day service. Fully explained procedure and time needed to complete hornets nest removal. Professional, thorough, friendly. No come back required. Service complete.” - Raymond M.
“I have been very pleased with Anchor Pest Services. Dan and Josh quickly respond to any questions I have and I haven’t had any pest problems since their services.” - Zach B.
If you’re ready to find out why we’re a top-rated pest control company, give us a call today at (603) 317-4700 for a a free, no-risk inspection.Contact Us Online